Monday, July 14, 2014

Going back in time

September 24, 2013. My life forever changed. It was a very normal day. I had gone to work that a.m. like normal (still at Starbucks,  for those who wonder). And I worked my nanny job as well. Followed by school at 6p.m. All normal things. Luckily we got out early that day and so I rushed home to spend time with Tom before it was time to go to bed.

When we first moved in together, Tom so graciously introduced me to a new kind of wine, Moscato. Delicious!! So on this night I was very happy to discover that I had a bottle of pink moscato chilling in my fridge. Celebrating my early arrival home, I happily poured myself a glass. Being a Tuesday, I was probably watching something on nbc, most likely the biggest loser and stuffing my face with pizza. How inspiring! And then came glass number two. I didnt work the next morning,  so what the heck?!

And then it happened. I just knew. Fortunately I remembered a helpful little plastic stick hiding in my bathroom cabinet.  So without warning, I shot up off of the couch and headed for the tiny, but well lit room. Tom grew concerned by my hasty departure,  but I quickly eased his mind but just letting him know I had a desperate need to relieve myself.  I had two "Hibert" sized glasses of wine, after all. (Hibert sized drinks= very, very full; really like 2 in 1).

I quickly grabbed that all telling magic wand and promptly followed the instructions.  Sure enough, after waiting the proper time, there it was. The magic little plus sign that alters lives forever. Oh boy. The wave of emotion that I felt over that I never knew was humanly possible. Happy, terrified, excited, scared, nervous, and anything else you could imagine. But of course I had to tell Tom.

My poor Thomas. I've told him I will never do it this way again, but he had absolutely no clue at all. Heck, I hardly had a clue myself. But boy did I sideswipe him with this bombshell of information. Needless to say, he was taken aback. And being a smoker, he went outside to calm him nerves the only way he could think of at that moment. After he had a moment to "breathe", he came back inside and we began to deal.

It's funny. I knew Tom needed his time. Most guys don't feel like a father until they lay eyes upon their child or that baby is in their arms. But for me, I was a mommy. My body was creating life! Planned or not, it was a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment