Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 3 & 4 of the challenge.

Okay, so when I issued this challenge to myself, I have to admit I did not read all of the writing prompts because I wanted to be just as surprised as you are on the topics day to day. So, I wrote yesterday mini blogs, and sneaked a peek into today double blog topics. I was surprised to find that once again, they were circulated around songs, this time involved with emotions. I chose to read all of the entry topics.... and every 31 is about a song. Hmm.... I don't think I've ever paid enough attention to songs to be able to write 31 separate blog entries about them.  I shall however continue until I find something else; something, in my opinion, better.

Day 3:
Name a song that makes you happy.

What song doesn't make me happy, really. I love songs. I sing, so if I can find a good song in my range, I am more than happy to belt it out while driving down the road in my beautiful car. One of my favorite activities, actually. Right now, the song that makes me the happiest when I flip the radio on is undoubtedly Dog Days are Over by Florence and The Machines. I love just the fun-ness of this song. It goes all over the place and is just beautiful. I'll raise the volume, and just sing and even bounce to the beat whenever I hear this song. It's quite depressing when I change the channel, and its on, but its on the last note. I literally want to cry.

Day 4:
Name a song that makes you sad.

I'm not sure that I've ever been sad because of a song. I mean, every time "Hero" by Enrique Iglesias comes on, I do tear up a bit because of the beautiful music video, but I'm not sad.
When we lost my aunt to breast cancer two years ago, the song played at the funeral was "Wind Beneath My Wings" by Better Midler. The reasoning behind this choice was because of a little stuffed bear that is currently sitting in the house of another of my aunts. Chantilly Bear is a music playing bear that sings, yep you guessed it, "Wind Beneath My Wings". It was a gift from her sister, and when she passed, my aunt made sure to bring her home, that way we'd always feel the presence of my late aunt. Yeah, is say that song still makes me sad, but only because I'm remembering the good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment